Tuesday, 11 March 2008

…and now for something completely stupid...

Every now and again I do something so stupid I question my status as a sentient being...

 

This time, I was quickly knocking a demo together and needed to remove the search input box from all pages, 15 seconds later I have completed my hacking of the master page in SPD and published the file...

 

Then I noticed all my list views stopped working... Angry

 

The usual MOSS error (unexpected error occurred Angry) was of little use, after enabling stack trace (thanks Vince Wink) I tracked it down to the missing search content placeholder (which I had just deleted from the mp - DOH!)...

 

So, lesson learned... if you don't think you need a content placeholder (even if you're sure) don't delete it, move it down to the bottom of the mp under:

 

<asp:panel visible="false" runat="server">


 



Thanks to Jason for pointing me in the right direction...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this post, I want to hear your feedback!